THE CORE IDEA:
Curate existing content to create new value for current subscribers; new readership among more lucrative audiences; and new revenue for a flagship title.
Market, develop, launch, publish and fulfill online, in-house and with partners.
- Every other month The Chronicle of Philanthropy aggregates its recent coverage of issues important to board members of nonprofit organizations in an advertising-free, 8-page PDF newsletter called The Chronicle Board Report.
- Banners on Philanthropy.com, the website of The Chronicle of Philanthropy, promote The Chronicle Board Report to executive directors as both a practical management tool and a generous professional courtesy highly valued by trustees.
- House ads in The Chronicle of Philanthropy further promote sales of The Chronicle Board Report with a free issue offer which is instantly fulfilled via email and a link to a download.
- The free offer ad is also provided to outside media partners such as Caring (the magazine about social good from the Salvation Army) as a benefit for their readers.
- Interstitial promotions accompanying each sample issue of The Chronicle Board Report convert free trials into one-year subscriptions. They, as well as follow-on emails, generate new revenues for The Chronicle of Philanthropy from core subscribers while extending its reach to the most influential audience in the world of philanthropy.