I AM A COPYWRITER, graphic designer, and creative director specializing in direct response advertising that sells magazines and newspapers to subscribers.
MOST RECENTLY, I have become my own client as the creator and publisher of Museum America, the new magazine of art, science, history & culture.
MY CAREER STARTED AT OGILVY in New York and it has taken me to Bozell in Minneapolis, BBDO in Boston, and it was there I set out on my own.
OWING TO EXTRAORDINARY CLIENTS affording me phenomenal opportunities, I’ve mastered the secrets of successful subscription marketing:
- How to launch a new title. Beat a control. Reverse circulation losses.
- How to engineer search marketing. Email campaigns. Landing pages.
- How to turn sample issues into paid subscribers with cover wraps.
- How to develop new business from websites, blogs, and social media.
- How to persuade print readers to adopt paperless editions.
- How to capture renewals early and payments quickly.
- How to gain referrals and pass-along orders.
- How to target, test, and build audiences for live events and online catalogs and site licenses and job listings and webinars and…
WITH EACH ASSIGNMENT I learned new lessons and gained deeper insights into what works — why — and how to do it well. In media ranging from direct mail to cloud video. For consumer, business, professional, and special-interest publications throughout the United States and around the world.
A CONTINUING EDUCATION that began at Kent State University where I earned a degree in journalism. For a career that has brought me to Charleston, South Carolina where I live and work today. On a path I hope leads next to you.
WHAT CAN I CREATE FOR YOU? Now — while I am just a click away — take this opportunity to contact me. Let’s develop some new ideas in circulation for your subscription marketing success.